Thursday, July 19, 2012

Favorite Movies - Part 2


OK, while I’m researching ‘”stuff” for a long blog (what a pain!), let’s take a quick trip to the movies again.  Our first visit was on February 22nd,  so it’s beyond time.  With the general theme of this subject stated in my first movie post recalled, here are 5 more of my favorites:

1      Toy Story *
2     The Silence of the Lambs
3     Shakespeare in Love
4     Dr. Strangelove
     It’s a Wonderful Life**


*If you have kids or grandkids, this movie (and its siblings) is mandatory.  And even if you don’t, you will love it, and them, if you just give them a try. I mean, when you’re crying at the end of Toy Story, you know the movie is just as much for you as it is for the kids.  Maybe even more.

**I have a "Classic" choice again...this may mean I will include one each time I do one of these, or not.  But I do hate to leave them out.

I’m beginning to notice that my choices, in general, do reflect movies made, shall we say, not within the more recent past.  Perhaps that’s because I haven’t seen the more modern ones enough times to deem them favorites, or that I’m falling out of the habit of going to movies the minute they are released….too damn easy to wait to see them,  in one fashion or another, on tv.  And that promotes laziness, and neglect. Or maybe most of them are simply not worthy...we'll see. 

This is probably a good time to share with you what my novelist friend mentioned to me about "comments."  Readership is improving (thank you so very much) and some people are indeed making comments – via email.  It’s ok to do that, and I read them all and appreciate them more than you know, but….it’s also ok to just make a comment within the blog.  Actually, that's how a blog is designed to function, for obvious reasons.  Just a thought.  All comments there are most welcome.

Mark Twain Quote:  “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you.  This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment