Monday, February 4, 2013

Cape Cod State of Mind

Long about February, I have to employ other tricks to get me into a Cape Cod State of Mind.  By then, I'm deep into winter mode and need an extra jolt to get my psyche on a positive path to spring.  This is especially true as I look out the window at fastly falling snow that will soon need the attention of the shovel and the snowblower....ack!

Now snow is, or can be, a beautiful sight, as it caresses trees, bushes, roofs, fence posts and indeed, everything it touches. This is so true in December, during the  Christmas season, or in January, when walking through a cemetery say, on a crisp, cloudless day.  This we happily call a winter wonderland.  

That all changes the minute that stupid groundhog somewhere in Pennsylvania gets dragged out of his hole for the annual photo op that portends an early spring or 6 more weeks of winter...usually the latter ...remember, this is Pennsylvania we're talking about.  I  hope they at least give that poor guy a good breakfast before they throw him back in his den.  

From that moment on, the winter dregs really set in, hence my need for pictures, the next antidote for the winter blues.  These visual remembrances of Cape Cod will carry me to spring, and then to summer, when once again I'll trod the beaches and capture even more moments that will serve to guide me through yet another winter....but for now, these sunrise photos will do just fine.  


Mornin' sun..at 6:30AM

Early start, or left over from yesterday?
The "monster" lives to fight another day

Just mugging for a photo op!


These pictures were all taken at day break.  See my next blog post for some more morning sights and the real reason to get up and moving in the early part of the day....besides getting a jump on the Cape traffic we all love so well.

Mark Twain Quote: "The lack of money is the root of all evil."
















No comments:

Post a Comment