Monday, March 4, 2013

Enough ... is ... Enough!


Comes a time when thoughts don’t do it…when dreaming doesn’t do it.  Even when looking at pictures of lobsters, sand, and surf just can’t do it.  Our winter hasn’t been what I would call really bad.  But I would call it lingering, relentlessly putting grey skies and little snowflakes in our faces.  And when you wake up to this on March 1st, and add in a wind that reaches to your bones, well, it’s time. 

Even with less than ideal circumstances, I…am…out…of…here.  Heading south, where a mid Atlantic snow storm promises to accompany me on my journey.  You can’t make this stuff up. My clubs and I (or should I say what 98% of the enlightened and educated populace now seems to embrace…..”me and my clubs”) are headed to Virginia for a spell, with a stop over at Monticello, and perhaps more, depending on Mr. Snowflake.  

Then it’s off to Florida, for a week plus of sponging … it’s good to have friends with winter homes.  And to look forward to that I have a set of photographs to help get me there.  I will be found hanging out at places like these:
Baleen Restaurant
Turtle Club


And if I hang around long enough, I’ll be able to see glorious sunsets on the Gulf, sunsets such as these:
















And in between there are miles and miles of open beach to explore. So, I don’ t know if you’ll see another post while I’m gone or not…if the beer or wine start talking, you just might.  If not, it will be spring when I return and resume this blog.  Unless, of course, I am greeted on my return with grey skies and little snowflakes, in which case I’ll just turn around.....


Mark Twain Quote:  (Winter)  “It is a time when one’s spirit is subdued and sad, one knows not why; when the past seems a storm-swept desolation, life a vanity and a burden, and the future but a way to death.”  Note:  a long, grey winter can do this to a person.  It did it to Twain, in 1873, when he was only 38.

No comments:

Post a Comment