Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Reports of My Death.....


As Mark Twain would say, are indeed greatly exaggerated.  I ain’t deceased yet, it just looks like it.  I’m actually doing a blog post on jury duty, and I think it a bigger nut than I first envisoned.  It has certainly grown to be that. As Mark also said, “when you catch an adjective, kill it.” He didn’t mean utterly, of course, just most of them.  So, I’m trying and will put a wrap on this project soon.

It doesn’t help that I am also now researching and writing an article (actually, it will probably turn out to be a series of short articles) for an historical publication, albeit it a tiny one....publication, that is.  Holy crap, a byline!  My first, and probably last.  But the project doth interest me much.  Talk about whittling down reams and reams of information, statistics, stories, and just plain old banter.  Did ya ever listen to an old timer spin yarns about life "back in the day?"  God, you can’t tell where the truth exits and the bull enters. And neither can they.  But it’s fun, and the beer is usually on them.

So, this is just an advisory that although it doesn’t look like anything is a happening, the wheels are churning beneath the placid waters.  There’s much on the mind these days, much on the mind.  Tis good God invented the wine and the beer.  It will see me though this mess. 

Mark Twain Quote: "As to the adjective, when in doubt, strike it out."

No comments:

Post a Comment