Tuesday, December 25, 2012

So This Is Christmas


I didn’t do this last year, and I don’t know why.  Perhaps it was the newness of the blog, and my desire get meaningful posts out.  Or I could have just plain forgot it.  Funny I would do that, as Christmas is my favorite “time” of the year.

So, whatever your deal is at Christmas, I hope it is for you a season of peace, love, remembrance, and hope.  Just try and keep it going, will ya?

I love Christmas carols, so to pick just one would be tough.  My dad loved “Little Drummer Boy.”  My personal favorite, if I had to choose, would be the Syracuse Symphony playing of Calvin Custer’s “Holiday Medley,” which has a rousing finish featuring a unique interpretation of Little Drummer Boy. You’ll never hear another like it.  This is followed closely by another Custer original, the “Twelve Days of Christmas Medley.”  They’re favorites cause they squeeze lots of carols into one, easy listening place.

But for all of you, all over the globe, I’d just suggest you listen carefully to John Lennon’s “Happy Christmas.” Couldn’t think of a more perfect song for all the world to hear.   So, to readers from the UK, to Brazil, to the Far East, to the Europeans, to those folks who read this “way down under”  -  Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  () () ()




Mark Twain Quote:  “The approach of Christmas brings harassment and dreads to many excellent people.  They have to buy a cart-load of presents, and they never know what to buy to hit the various tastes; they put in three weeks of hard and anxious work, and when Christmas morning comes they are so dissatisfied with the result, and so disappointed that they want to sit down and cry.  Then they give thanks that Christmas comes but once a year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment